Monday, February 16, 2009

Working at McDonalds In Your Underwear?

What has happened to McDonald's? I swear this story is true. It happened to me!

I know that I am more aware of franchises and how they are honoring their brand, but the Mc Donalds I was in the other day would have shocked anyone. I was so taken back, I wrote the company and I have never done that to any store in my life.

I went into a McDonald's in Louisiana at 7:30 am. The line was to the door, the cars were backed up out to the highway. People were coming in, waiting for a few minutes, then leaving. Cars were giving up.

Here's the best part. I could see the girl taking orders. She was very over weight and wearing a red T-shirt and crock type sandals. That's it. Was she in her underwear? Who knows. I know she had a dirty stained T-shirt on at 7:30 am, and looked like she just rolled out of bed. She could have had very short shorts on but her shirt only went mid-thigh, so they would have been shorter than that. I would like to think she had shorts on........I won't even consider that she didn't have anything on under the shirt.

When I got up to the cash register, the credit machine wasn't working so they only accepted cash, they only had very small coffee cups and didn't have any lids at all for that scalding cup of coffee. They had been to busy to fill forks, napkins, etc so they just had them laying out on the counter in a pile. The woman in front of me was watching her watch and announcing to the crowd that was staying that it had been 15....18...20 minutes since she walked in.

I had to make the decision to be late to my appointment or go without grabbing a sausage biscuit that I could eat on the way, knowing I wouldn't get to eat until late in the afternoon. I stayed because I was in shock over the girl working at McDonald's without pants!!! (Or socks, or regular shoes, or hat, etc)

In McDonald Inc's defense, I did get a call from someone at the state office apologizing, an email, and a letter from the owner thanking me for reporting this store.

I will be popping into this store in a couple of weeks just out of curiosity while I am in the area. I hope they have cleaned up their act.

This is a classic example of how one franchise location can give all the locations a bad name. McDonald's doesn't have the best burgers, but they have a great operating system and customers go there because it is dependable. This McDonald's in Louisiana was ruining the brand for hundreds or thousands of other McDonald's franchisees.

Fran-rep

No comments: